You Family Dentist in TemplestoweMake an appointment with King Street Dental Group to discuss your child’s oral health
At King Street Dental Group, we understand the fears and reservations that children have about seeing a dentist. Going to the dentist for kids can be uncomfortable and scary, which is why we take the time to make each patient comfortable and happy during our appointments. As a family dental clinic, you can rely on us to look after your child’s oral health.
Creating Lifelong Habits in Children
Healthy teeth come from a lifetime of good habits. We’re passionate about starting children on the right road with their oral health which is why we discuss these habits and their importance with each young patient we see. Our family dentist will explain why flossing and brushing are so important, and we make the process fun!
- Healthy Eating – Cavity causing foods are those with a high sugar content. To reduce the risk of tooth decay it is important to reduce the total intake of sugary foods and the number of times sugars are eaten throughout the day.
- Healthy Drinking – Children should drink plenty of plain tap water and limit the consumption of soft drinks, sports drinks, cordials and fruit juices, which can have a high sugar and acid content.
- Brush Twice a Day – It is important for kids to clean their teeth at least twice a day with a gentle but thorough brushing action using a soft brush with a small head and fluoride toothpaste. Correct regular brushing will reduce plaque build-up and tooth decay and help maintain healthy gums and teeth. Up to age eight, kids will need assistance to brush correctly, as most children lack the manual dexterity to brush correctly before eight years of age.
- Floss Daily – Children should floss between their teeth every day to remove food and plaque from the spaces between teeth where their toothbrush may not be able to reach and clean. Supervision and assistance from an adult is highly recommended to ensure that kids adopt a daily flossing routine.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly – It is recommended that from age two, children visit the dentist every six months for a thorough check-up. Regular check-ups from an early age reinforce good dental care and assist in reducing the need for fillings in the future.
- Wear a Mouth Guard for Sport – It is important to play safe in all sports by protecting children’s teeth with a custom-made, professionally fitted mouth guard. Mouth guards are available in a range of colours, even team colours, and should always be worn when training and playing sport to minimise the risk of dental injury.
Find High-Quality Services at Our Family Dental Clinic
King Street Dental Group offers a huge, comprehensive range of services for patients of any age. Furthermore, as we are part of the larger Care Family Dental Group, if we are unable to offer a service, another of our clinics will be able to see you as quickly as possible. This also means we work from multiple locations for your convenience.
Working with Our Paediatric Dentist
Children have different needs and concerns to adults. We have the tools and experience to work directly with children, finding safe alternatives to meet their needs at all times. When you’re looking for a caring kids’ dentist, look no further than King Street Dental Group in Templestowe.
Get to Know Our Professional Team
We’re proud to have a team of friendly, approachable and caring dental experts. Before your appointment, we can discuss your whole family’s needs and come up with a way to make everyone comfortable. With us, you and your children won’t dread coming to the dentist anymore!
At King Street Dental Group, we have spent the last 30 years helping countless families with their oral health. We are gentle and honest with both adults, children and the elderly, offering advanced dental treatments to protect their health.
Protecting Oral Health from a Young Age
The experts at King Street Dental Group work with patients at every stage of their life. If you’d like to make an appointment with our family dental clinic, feel free to call us on (03) 9841 8033 or contact us online. We’re here to help!